Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tampons and toilet paper = great toys!!



Earlier this week....

Moms of little ones  know that no where in the house is private. If I even shut the bathroom door  for just a moment kids freak out like I left the country. Seriously, it's like they have a 6th sense about it they will come running the moment I shut the door.  


So I was using the bathroom and baby Canary was having a blast taking a tampon that was on the floor and putting it through the tube of a toilet paper roll. She was having a blast so when I was finished I picked her, the tampon, and the toilet paper roll up put her in the room I was doing school work in with the older kids and she was happy for a good 20 minutes.

Yup, I am that mom that will let her baby play with tampons and toilet paper!
 Put it in, take it out - so fun!
 Put it in then....
lift up and shake to watch the tampon come back out!


Rewind


About  4 years ago when Owl or Duck were toddlers they got into a Costco size box of tampons. They would unwrap them then "shoot" them out of the applicator like a bombs all over the house. I really needed them out of my hair at the moment so I let them ruin an entire box of tampons. It was seriously worth the money though because they stayed busy for 2 hours playing war games with them.

KNOCK! KNOCK! ~ The gas man arrived, Imagine the look on his face as he stepped  over the many piles of tampons and wrappers all over the house. I laughed and said to him "my little ones got into them and are quite happy and out of my hair"  I shrugged. He laughed!


So new Moms, got a cranky toddler? Throw them some personal hygiene products and they will be happy for hours.


******RIGHT NOW******

Poor baby C is sick and clingy and I am getting nothing done today. Then I got out the wooden blocks that baby C has never played with. ( remembering her joy earlier this week with the tampon and toilet paper roll)
Dowel and a block with a hole, just like the tampon and toilet paper role but safer and less expensive!
A different block that fits the dowel.

 Then I found this little blue block so I gave her a pen to put through the holes ( under supervision of course.)
Look how much laundry I was able to fold ( 3 loads) while she was happily playing with her wood dowels and blocks with holes. This is real life so you may see actual underwear, it is clean and folded though!! She was entertained for almost 45 minutes (which is quite a long time for a toddler.)

So a quick google search for tampons and toilet paper lead me to this blogger click HERE
She knows all about toddlers, tampons and toilet paper.

This is a picture from her blog.
Baby C. likes to unroll the toilet paper too!

1 comment:

MommyKuehner said...

Lol....love real life !!!