Monday, September 1, 2014

The Borrowers *MENSA book list *


This was not my favorite book,  I wanted to love it I just did not.  Who doesn't love a story of tiny sized people living in your house. I just could not get into this book. The children found this book a bit harder to follow since it was not written in what we call proper grammar in today's present time.

Robin and Falcon took turns reading this aloud most days. I read it some days out loud while we sat in the living room folding laundry.

A favorite memory of this book was reading through 4 chapters outside in the light rain while the kids  were sitting in the tree house and swinging.

I asked the kids to draw what they thought a Borrower would look like. They were told to estimate  how big 2 inches was and draw them that big without a ruler.

I had many activities  planned for this book but since it was hard to get into we really didn't do many of them. We did do a bit of reading about London (where the story is set) and also India (where the boy is from in the story.) During the course of the story we discussed many small items in our house and if they would be useful to Borrowers. Also when things came up missing we discussed that we may have our very own Borrowers.

There were so many cute ideas on Pinterest to do with this book, but that is just where they stayed as we did not one of them!


We wrapped up our book with watching the movie the Secret World Of Arietty. I loved this movie and it actually made me want to re read the Borrowers again.

Up next is Sarah Pkain and Tall as we read our way through the Mensa book lists.

No comments: