Friday, May 16, 2014

School week highlights


We went to a baseball game and as I was trying to snap a good selfie of Canary and I ( she was in the Moby wrap) when I noticed 3 other people within 3 rows of me doing the same thing. I wonder how many of those ended up in social media of some sort.  The first guy was with his 2 kids snapping a picture, second one I saw was a man holding up a beer next to his face with a big smile, and the last one was a younger woman maybe in her twenties doing the duck face shot. Not familiar with duck face?

Here you go! It is seriously the dumbest looking pose ever. I every time I see woman doing it I just want to slap it right off there face. Do guys really find this appealing? It is not even a natural looking face, nobody  makes that face not even while kissing!!

Moving on....
Robin made a fairy garden at the library this week with her friend.

Went to the planetarium and saw Dynamic Earth


We started Story of the world volume 2


All the kids have now finished up CAT testing via Seton testing services and I mailed those back.

Working on finished on our projects for  our zoo homeschool fair. Here is Robins finished project:


She did a seek and find. On one side Robin had 3 facts listed about  different animals you try  guess what it is then lift  the flaps to see if you are right. Then you can find the animal on the picture  on the other side. The habitat she was assigned was Ocean and she had to list a mammal, reptile,bird,fish, endangered animal and an amphibian that lives in  that habitat.

We are back on track going go a weekly math class for ages K-3 that my friend teaches,they are learning geometry.This week the kids did some math projects based on the book ...


I have been feeling overwhelmed with clutter  and want to create a more zen like atmosphere in the house. I don't mind having a small house but I think I have been filling it with too much in unnecessary  stuff.

I finally cleaned off my dry erase boards after a year. If you didn't know rubbing alcohol works great at cleaning the boards and getting them white again.
.

Linking up with....


1 comment:

MommyKuehner said...

I hate the duck lips. Doesn't make sense to me. I saw a post on Facebook that said, "Future generations will have an unlimited supply of their grandmothers doing selfies in dirty bathrooms."