Sunday, January 13, 2013

Harold and the Purple Crayon {FIAR}



I made Home made grape scented purple playdoh for the kids to play with


We have plenty of plain pillow cases  so I thought it would be fun if the kids drew on the pillow cases with purple fabric markers, then they could always have them to sleep on. Even if they outgrown them I know I would cherish them forever.

Not all of my kids wanted to use a purple marker like Harold so I let them choose a color they wanted
Falcon working on his with a red marker.

Robin stuck to purple (side 1)
We also wrote Robin and the purple marker on the pillowcase and added the date. I covered up her real name for the picture though.

(Side 2)

Owl just scribbled on his (side 1) I  put my hand over Owls and helped his draw the things he wanted.

I never did get a picture of Duck's pillow case he chose blue though!

Now when they lay their heads down to sleep they can dream of  the adventures their marker could take them on.

We made hot air balloons ( like Harold drew in the story) working on a blog post tutorial for that.

and read this book as well



2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I love your idea for coloring on the pillow cases. I have an oven mitt Bobo drew on when he was 2. I love using it.

momandkiddo said...

I found a similar book at the library this week called Andrew Drew and Drew. Thank you for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.