Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Homeschool mothers journal-7

In my life this week…
After a lasts weeks bad news things have turned around. The puppy came home after a 5day stay at the vet, they are pretty sure she will make it and they did all they could for her. It is now up to her to survive. She has lost more than 1/2 her body weight and looks like a skeleton you can see every rib and bone on her body its so sad BUT she is slowly eating if I hand feed her meat and eggs so we have our fingers crossed. More good news is that we have worked out some of our financial,problems so things won't be as tight as they would have been. My dad started Radiation this week and my husband left for Bulgaria so I will be single moming it for the next 10 days.

In our homeschool this week…
WE had a good week. The weather has been cooler so I have been able to get more school work done with the kids. We are trying to get in a good school routine again. We do school all summer but much lighter so this was our first week of a heavier school load. I love sitting at the table outside with the kids doing school work.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We were lucky enough to see 2 kids in their 20's at the park practice juggling. They were doing some really cool tricks. They would juggle 4 balls while swinging in sync and toss them back and forth to each other, it was really neat. The jugglers made me think of last years 5 in a row story Clown of God
We are trying to get back to the routine of daily walks and waked down to the bridge over the highway that they tore down to expand the road. The city tore it down over a year ago and then haven't touched it since. Went to my kids favorite park to meat up with some other boys to start a homeschool tweem club, then after that we went to the orchard to pick more peaches and some apples.

I’m cooking…
Pumpkin pie, Yes in the middle of summer. I love pumpkin pie!

I’m grateful for…
The better news I had this week, and the cooler weather.


A photo to share…



We took a bike ride down to the bridge the city ripped out last year to make the highway bigger but all they did was rip it down and leave it like this. Hoping someday they may actually finish it.My kids used to love standing on the bridge and looking down at all the cars speeding past them. Now I dont let the kids get anywhere near it because they could fall straight down into the highway.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So glad to have found your blog.

This will be our second year homeschooling.

I am now following you.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.