Saturday, July 30, 2011

Homeschool mothers journal-5

In my life this week…
I took my Dad with all 4 kids to get set up for radiation for his cancer. Now he will have to go everyday for the next 2 months. I spent 5 hours one night going through all our homeschool stuff. It has occurred to me that I had so much stuff I couldn't find anything so I wasn't using very much of what I had. I did weed out quite a bit and am trying to weed out more. I tend to horde educational stuff because money is tight and I hang on to stuff I don't necessarily use. We out an offer on a house but the seller never responded so we are off to do more house hunting!

In our homeschool this week…
My little ones and I studied the letter B (we blogged about it). My older Son is finishing up The Dark Is Rising and finished most of his state studies. Next week we plan on visiting some historical sites he read about., it was just to hot this week.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Don't horde educational supplies!!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We went to the zoo this week to look at the butterfly greenhouse before their release. Spent more time at the library reading of our fines. Went to a knitting class with oldest son.

My favorite thing this week was…
The free toy each kid got from the zoo this week. Fisher Price was doing a big promotion and was handing them out to each child. They are similar to Legos but they snap together so they do not come apart easily like legos do. Even my 2 year old can snap and unsnap them. These are defiantly going to be on our Holiday wish list.

Fisher-Price TRIO Vehicle


I’m cooking…
Coconut shrimp right now, and steak on the grill tonight with roasted veggies

3 comments:

Martha said...

Visiting from Homeschool Mothers Journal.

My 7 year old son LOVES Trios and plays with them all the time. He has been given sets for Christmas and Birthdays for several years. I don't know how many he has!

Martha
marthaschool.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for signing up on the Five in a Row blogroll.

We are excited to officially start "rowing" on Monday!

I've had a site change with button coding and wanted to ask everyone to please visit and update the button coding. This will enable you to find the blogroll and other FIAR bloggers.
http://www.allofakindfamily.com/?s=blogroll

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Tamara

MommyKuehner said...

Sounds like you got a lot done this week:)