Friday, July 8, 2011

Homeschool Mothers journal-2

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
I have been frustrated with the clutter in our very small house. If I didn't homeschool it wouldn't be a problem. All the clutter that is driving me nuts. I have been house training the new puppy( 6 week old Neapolitan mastiff) and dealing with the loss of putting out 4 month old English mastiff down.

In our homeschool this week…
This wasn't the best of weeks
10 yr old worked on American history and went to a 2 day seminar with his dad to learn day trading. I am impressed with what he learned and his watch list on Ameritrade is doing very well.
5 yr old finished up projects on the fly life cycle and graduated from a 7 day class that our local police station does called safety city.
As a family we spent lots of time reading off our fines at the library, watching the BBC series Life and taking nature walks.

I am inspired by…
The monarch butterflies that have been visiting our milkweed. I am just amazed at there long journey down to Mexico each year.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We said good bye to my oldest friend visiting from FL


My favorite thing this week was…
Taking walk around the block and watching my 4 kiddos walk down the street in a single file line


I’m reading…
Divine by Blood by PC Cast


I’m cooking…
Lots of veggies and meat since we have started trying to eat gluten and mostly dairy free


I’m grateful for...
The opportunity for my husband and don to attend the Ameritrade seminar and learn about the stock market.

A photo to share...

the new puppy!

3 comments:

Dustine said...

CUTE puppy. :)
That's great for your son that he gets time alone with his daddy.
~Blessings

Unknown said...

Sweet puppy! But the other puppy...:(

My youngest and I took a walk yesterday and noticed that the milkweed "down the road" is starting to flower. Milkweed is such a cool plant I think! The kids love the silky pods later on!

Stopping by from THMJ!

Mama Bird said...

Dustine- it was great that they got alone time he desnt spend a lot of time with his dad because he is always gobe trying to run our business. So i am so glad that they got to do this.

our side of the mountain- i have never notice the silky pods, will have to look for that.