Monday, June 27, 2011

More on flies

FLIES



Our flies

Our flies are taking the bait. I am very surprised how BAD the meat smells and it's only been 2 days. I read that the flies eggs should hatch 3-7 days after they have been laid so hopefully soon. Sticking with our fly theme we sang some fly songs and made fly art.

I put tempra paint on plates and let the kids use fly swatters to splat and paint with on our easel. I would suggest doing this outside and having the kids wear paint clothes. They had so much fun swatting at their pretend flies and making art. After they were dry they drew a big fly on the paper.


5 and 3 yr. old happily swatting



finished art

2 comments:

MommyKuehner said...

That is sooo cool!!!! Your are so creative:)

Mama Bird said...

I think you put me to shame when it comes to creativity,Renita!
The kids thought it was so cool to paint with fly swatters
though!