Saturday, November 29, 2008

Japanese restaurant

WE went out to eat last night with all 3 kids and my Dad to a Japanese restaurant. The children had never been to one before. You sit at a big table and the chef cooks your food right in front of you doing lots of tricks with knives spatulas and many fun food trick like throwing food in the air. The chef will also throw food at you to try to catch in your mouth. The kids had fun trying. He threw it at me a few times but I had no skill! I will blame that on the baby sitting next to me , I was being over cautious so it didn't hit him. (well at least that's the story I'm sticking too!) I have successfully caught it before in my mouth, really I have, the first time I was there I got it on the first try.


The kids dd have LOTS of fun though it's my 8 yr olds new favorite restaurant. The 2 yr old (yummy left over for me though) didn't eat much dinner but she did like the soup and salad. She was rather comical through the whole evening she got such a charge out of all the tricks. I definitely want to take the kids back again so I can watch thier amused faces, even the baby was mesmerized by the chef

No comments: